Re: [pygame] Compiling pygame on OSX without SDL.framework

On 10/25/06, Patrick Mullen <saluk64007@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am trying to get pygame going at school, which is the only place I
can use Macs.  Unfortunately, I can't use any installers for anything
because of the machines being sandboxed, so I have been going at it
from-source.  I have sdl and other packages installed to ~/Local in a
unix fashion (~/Local/include, ~/Local/bin etc).  The pygame config.py
seems unable to locate SDL no matter what export flags I make or how I
modify the Setup, it doesn't seem to want to look in the right
directories for everything.  I even have my non-standard python files
in there, and config.py wont find Numeric either (PYTHONPATH is
set...)

I have been at this for hours, I just don't understand what's missing.
 Does anyone have enough OSX experience or pygame compiling experience
to help me out?

If you download all of the .pkg files you can edit the Info.plist files inside and change the installation paths. Compiling SDL and such is a real pain in the ass.

-bob