Re: [pygame] Rain Generator

DANG! 2.5k fps, guys.... you really let me stand in the rain. :)

Am 26.10.2006 um 22:38 schrieb Luke Paireepinart:

Farai said:
>Good point! I got around 200-300 fps and I still realise the lag, tough its a bit less w/o fps output. Guess its better to test such games/demos on a faster machine. 1200 FPS... *sigh*.....

Hmm, I'm getting upwards of 2500 fps, I was wondering if that means the rain was dropping faster than it would if the FPS were lower,
or if the speed of the rain is based upon real time? I did a quick glance through the code and I can't see where the rain is being moved.
I'm guessing that since uncommenting time.sleep() slows the rain down, the speed's based on iterations through the loop, and therefore FPS, right?
Also, I was wondering if the dirty rects were supposed to be filled with non-black? After the program runs a while, I can see the raindrops leaving
slightly-transparent stuff behind. I assume this is what you wanted to happen, but wanted to make sure.
Nice-looking rain by the way.