Re: [pygame] Compiling pygame on OSX without SDL.framework

Patrick Mullen wrote:
How come they make it so that you can't change the paths by default?

I don't know. I think it's just lack of imagination on the part of whoever created the installer. There's no earthly reason why the majority of packages shouldn't at least give you the option of a per-user installation, but many don't.

Maybe they were created by Windows users who can't get
their heads around the concept of a system that doesn't
require everything to be installed as root?

BTW, the most recent set of SDL binaries I have on my
system aren't .pkg files, they're just .dmgs containing
the XXX.Framework folders. But I'm not sure now whether
I downloaded them that way, or whether I created them
myself somehow.

--
Greg