Re: [pygame] Sound format

On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 07:41 +0100, John Eriksson wrote:
> Which music formats can pygame.mixer play?
> I know there are some issues with MP3 on windows but how about Linux?
> Any more formats than MP3 and OGG??

Pygame can load the sound formats that SDL_mixer supports. This includes
sampled data like WAV, VOC, AIFF, MP3, and OGG. There are also a lot of
tracker style formats like MOD, XM, XT, MIDI.

MP3 support is tricky because the SMPEG library doesn't compile well
with MSVC. It is also a bit unsupported and can't handle things like
id3v2 tags.