Re: [pygame] Introduction + call to join project for creating game frameworks

You might have your students look at the pyweek entries (http://pyweek.org) since they were written in a week they should have manageably small codebases, and they cover a wide variety of game genres.

--Mike

Clare Richardson wrote:
Exactly! I'm very familiar with Pygame already, and the girls are all
working together on a simple project right now to get them comfortable
with Pygame as well.

Maybe a better word than framework is a template: A sample game they can
look at when they are coding their game.

We've got five game types that most of the girls are designing their
games around, so we're looking for 5 templates:
1) Maze game: similar to PacMan, but possibly with a question to answer
every time the character picks up an item in the maze
2) Adventure game: the character moves through a world or a story, and
must solve problems or answer questions when they meet another character
3) Strategy game: user makes several decisions that affect the game's
outcome; user learns the consequences of each decision
4) Practice drills: most of these are centered around math problems or
vocabulary
5) Arcade game: some sort of action must be done by the user using the
keyboard or mouse; emphasis is on speed and accuracy

-- Clare