Re: [pygame] Example: Simple client and server

    OK I will try and find it and see if it works. The other one may also be handy, but that is true, both sides have to be the same. But that also depends on how private I wish to be...

        Bruce

----- Original Message -----
From: "Luke Paireepinart" <rabidpoobear@xxxxxxxxx>

RR4CLB wrote:
> If anyone's curious, I can show how to change this into a simple chat system
> using pygame for the interface.
> Best Regards,
> Michael.
>
> YES! I am interested because when using windows MS Messenger they have changed so my screen reader program can not read any of the screen. So having a nice chat system between computer, including not on the network, would be nice to have and use/experiment with also. I am not sure at the moment that my original error pertains to my router or not when I posted my error problem, but that could be the case since it has it's own IP.
Bruce - I'd recommend using Pidgin.  It is able to connect to the MSN
network as well as many other chat networks, and it will almost
definitely be compatible with your screen reader.
It's very involved to rewrite a client that can connect to the same IM
network, because of protocols they use.  So if you used the chat program
Michael is discussing, it'd only be able to chat with other people using
that specific client, not with other IM networks like MSN, AOL and Yahoo.
-Luke