Re: [pygame] problems between linux and windows

Take the caps out of Pygame...pygame. Linux is caps sensitive...

here's the trace back on the linux machine that I don't get on the windows machine

eric@lappylinux:~/save_spot/Lock and Stock$ python las2.py

** (python:9418): CRITICAL **: clearlooks_style_draw_focus: assertion `height >= -1' failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/eric/save_spot/Lock and Stock/MainFrame.py", line 46, in OnOpen
    pygame_class = PygameClass.PygameClass(full_path)
  File "/home/eric/save_spot/Lock and Stock/PygameClass.py", line 11, in __init__
    pygame.init()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'init'

On 10/4/07, Ethan Glasser-Camp < glasse@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Michael George wrote:
> Two things come to mind: do you have different versions of pygame
> installed?  Also, if you created a file called, e.g. Pygame.py then that
> could cause a difference as windows filenames are case sensitive and
> linux aren't.

This is a clever idea, but you got it backwards. A file called Pygame
will not conflict with pygame on Linux but will on Windows.

> But it sounds more likely to me that you pygame
> installation got broken, rather than your code.  If you just run python
> and type the import statements outside of your codebase, does that work?

Also, can you send a backtrace, or a snippet of code that demonstrates
the problem?

Ethan