Re: [pygame] Re: error on mac

On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 12:11:30PM -0700, Ian Mallett wrote:
> On 10/11/07, flyaflya <flyaflya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I find it's because of the mixer, I use mixer.music to play midi, it seems
> > pygame not support midi well in Mac,  now I converted midi to ogg,  it
> > worked.
> Well, for one thing, midi shouldn't work.  It says only .wav or .ogg here:
> http://www.pygame.org/docs/ref/mixer.html#pygame.mixer.Sound

pygame.mixer.sound only supports wav and ogg, but pygame.mixer.music
should play anything supported by SDL_Mixer, which IIRC includes: wav
ogg mp3 midi mod xm it s3m and maybe some others.

I have successfully played midi on mac using pygame.mixer.music

Format availability may vary depending on how your SDL_Mixer library was
compiled.

---
James Paige