Re: [pygame] .png saving

On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 06:01:48PM -0400, Richard Goedeken wrote:
> That's because SDL itself will only load a PNG; not save one.  I have
> some C code that I've written to save a PNG but it requires libpng -
> probably pygame doesn't need any more dependencies.
>
> Richard

Wait a second... if it can read PNG, then it should already be linking
to libpng.

I seriously doubt that anyone who has read the PNG spec would be INSANE
enough to manually implement PNG reading (hard to implement full spec)
but not also implement PNG writing (easy because you only need to
implement a subset of the spec that matches the image you are writing)

Does that make sense?
If it can read PNG it should be able to write PNG.

---
James