[pygame] Relative mouse controlled game in gtk

I've been working on a game that is controlled by relative
mouse movements in the style of Oxyd. I started out using
pygame in grab_input mode, which works very well, but
for various reasons I want to migrate the whole thing
over to an environment with better GUI support.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the same effect
using pygtk? As far as I can tell, it doesn't seem to
expose functionality such as input grabbing and pointer
warping that would be needed.

--
Greg