Re: [pygame] pygame on iPhone

Jack Nutting wrote:

However, the fact is that what you *can* write with, Objective-C, is
not too shabby at all.

You can write it, and maybe run it on your own phone,
but nobody else can run it unless you go begging to
Apple for approval (and pay them for the privilege).
Or unless they're willing to hack their phone and
risk the ire of Apple and/or AT&T.

So far, Apple's position on the iPhone has been a continual
loosening/expansion of what is possible...   I am pretty hopeful
about the prospects of Apple removing the onerous clause that rules
out language interpreters in the iPhone.

That would help, but to become truly enlightened,
they'll have to abandon all attempt to restrict what
people can run. It's that fundamental attitude that
disappoints me more than the details of the restrictions.

I rather like Google's "Don't be evil" motto, and wish
Apple would take it to heart as well.

--
Greg