Re: [pygame] Game Maker but with Python?

I'd use Game Maker if it was multiplatform and didn't have slowdown issues so much for me. I love Python, but scripting languages all do pretty much the same thing, and if you know one you can learn them all.

I think expanding on PGU to create a graphical level editor / tile engine that allowed visual placement of sprites, backgrounds, resources, and triggers would be amazing. Just the step of seeing where your putting things and handling game resources visually is so much easier to work with for those of us that grew up with Windows and its nice to see exactly what your game would look like immediately. Even if it isn't playable immediately and you still have to code all the logic.

Python is a great beginner's language though. It convinced me that programming wasn't that difficult and made stepping into the backwards world of C++ much easier.

Devon