[pygame] recommendation for a good n00b IDE

Title: recommendation for a good n00b IDE

Hey folks, how goes it? I'm new to python and pygame. I have a question for you regarding IDEs.

I have been using IDLE so far, what came with python 2.5, and I like its simple stripped down approach. However I am getting a bit frustrated with what seems to be a bug with the 'Run Module' feature where you can run your code by just hitting the F5 key within the editor. This feature seems to crash a lot. I applied the 'IDLE hangs up' fix from pygame.org, but still getting some crashes and freezes.

It seems like IDLE hasn't been in development for quite a while? The documentation page on python.org is something like. . . 8 *years* old.

So. . . . any recommendations for a good n00b IDE? I really like IDLE's stripped down no-frills approach. Also, I need to be able to set a white-on-black color scheme. . . much easier on the eyes.

thanks!