Re: [pygame] Linux distribution(s) of a finished product

Thanks James,

> Autopackage is designed top be distribution agnostic. It is
> not the
> preferred packaging method on any distribution that I am
> aware of, but
> it is a good choice if you are approaching Linux software
> installation
> from a "Windows Installer" mentality.

Actually, I'm coming from a Macintosh 'unzip the app and launch it mentality'. I dislike installers immensely. If an application has to touch anyplace outside where the user puts it, it had better have a damn good reason!

Linux gamers are probably the smartest people in the world. If they're okay with finding the exe inside a folder, then that just saves me a step.

This results in a better formed question: Can I get all the pygame parts (including things like numpy/numeric) into one location and rely on a distro's Python to just work? I'm pretty sure my python code is compliant back to 2.3.

From casual searching, it seems like I may have to build some of pygame's parts for specific distros. A pain, but only once per distro.

Thanks for the list of the distros most important.

Keith