Re: [pygame] Recording sound

Cool, Nathan.  I was thinking about writing a singing game - well
maybe not a game so much as a tool.  It plays scales and gives you
your statistical accuracy as far as hitting the correct note (just
based on pitch - also would do intervals etc.)  I was thinking about
also adding support for music so you could practice hitting notes for
a specific song - maybe encoded as a MIDI track so you could just load
up a midi file and choose a specific track to be the vocal line and
the rest will just play as a midi file for accompaniment.  That's all
extra, though.  The scales stuff is the most important.  I have been
trying to decide if processing the wav to get frequency information in
Python would be fast enough or not -- I'll probably try it first and
see.  Do you have any opinions on the relative speed of this?  Would I
have to leverage numeric or some fft library in order to get realtime
performance?  Because at that point I may just write it in C and make
a socket-based reporting system that lets you query current pitch, and
just request that information from Python.  That also has the benefit
that you could set the processing C code affinity to a different
processor core from your Python frontend.

Is your API stable at this point?