Re: [pygame] Recording sound

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Knapp <magick.crow@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone know a good way to record sound with python or pygame in
> Linux? Something that could work with the mic like skype does?

You can use SWMixer, my little sound library for Python based on
pyAudio.  It can do recording and playback simultaneously if your
soundcard supports it (but it is relatively untested).  I'm using it
for a singing game.  The download has a little example that does
recording and then playback of the sound recorded, while playing a
sound in the background.
http://code.google.com/p/pygalaxy/wiki/SWMixer
--
Nathan Whitehead