Re: [pygame] my rpg game (so far)

> If x_move and y_move both have a nonzero value, you should (if
> possible) move diagonally.  Also, note that by using 1 and -1, you can
> use x_move and y_move as either signs (multiply by them) or offsets
> (add them), depending on how the movement itself works.
>
> -FM

Diagonal movement probably won't happen. it would add complexity to
foreground/background layer logic for this game.

Let me explain why I am using 0-4 for player.move: My collision
detection in my player class sort of goes like this:

if not self.collide[direction-1]: move(). What this does is checks a
list of 4 tiles that are collidable and moves if it can. I could
probably use a dictionary, but I didn't get that far into Python yet.