Re: [pygame] MIDI output on OS X???

hi,

apparently if you need to make sure 'simple synth virtual input' is midi source.

cheers,

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Chris Phoenix <cphoenix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hobbes-8%70 python -m pygame.examples.midi --list
in stat: : No such file or directory
in stat: : No such file or directory
Hobbes-8%71

BTW, the install of pygame somehow didn't set the python path
correctly, so I had to cd to
Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages
to run this command, and in my programs I do:

import sys
sys.path.append('/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages')

I'm sure there's an easy way to configure this, but what is it?

I did look at "Audio Midi Setup" but it didn't show any outputters.
Even with SimpleSynth running, all it shows is IAC Driver, Network,
and an input-only Oxygen keyboard.

Pitch bend magically started working - the same midi file that didn't
work, now does. So I'm fine until it magically breaks again.

pymidi seems to be source-only, with only one review on sourceforge -
which complains that it doesn't build. I've had very bad luck building
things on this machine - there's always some other package to be built
first, and I have wasted many hours and won't go down that road again
for this project.

Chris