[pygame] py2exe, MSVCR71.dll and InnoSetup

Hi,

How do I distribute my Python game to Windows users without illegally distributing the MSVCR71.dll?

As far as my research went, one might e.g. build an InnoSetup installer which will include the installation of the MS Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable package. I tried that, but my game still won't run because the DLL cannot be found.

I'd be grateful for any comments on how you're solving the general MSVCR71.dll problem.

Furthermore, if anyone is going the same way as I do (InnoSetup + MS package installation), maybe he or she can give me a hint on how to make InnoSetup copy the DLL to my app directory after installing the redist package.

Best regards,
Johannes