Re: [pygame] Pygame takes 16 seconds to start when my external keyboard is plugged in

On 12-10-01 02:44 PM, Caleb Crome wrote:
Hi there,
I'm running pygame on a Macbook Pro, running OSX 10.7.5. When I start pygame on the macbook with no USB peripherals plugged in, it starts in about 1.0 seconds.
Try running the program with dtruss (strace for mac). That should report what the application is trying to do (system calls) while it's hung.

    sudo dtruss -a python yourscript.py

Disclaimer: I don't actually have a mac to test dtruss, but I commonly use strace on Linux to debug such issues.

Hope that helps,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder