Re: [pygame] Importing Graphics

On Sat, Oct 06, 2012 at 03:13:01AM -0700, shane wrote:
> Hi
>
> thanks for all the imput, kinda browsed through the beginnings and its
> reasonably straight forward if you creating simple games such as hangman etc
> - just need to get to grips with the different meanings - and do a lot of
> practice
>
> but i see the graphics are very basic so how does one do decent graphics -
> im not talking quake quality but something a bit more believable - like lets
> say Simcity - and can graphics  from shareware etc be imported

If you want to learn to draw your own graphics, I suggest googling for
"game art tutorials" or "pixel art tutorials". There are an abundance of
good tutorials out there, and lots of gree graphics-making tools.

As for importing graphics from other games, don't unless the game
explicitly says the graphics are free to use. A much safer bet is to
start at http://opengameart.org/ where virtually everything is designed
to allow re-use.

---
James Paige