Re: [pygame] PIP

It probably would be nice if you could get precompiled binaries via
PyPi and not (as it is now), the source that tries to compile once
downloaded.
If this worked, it would be a great way to get PyGame (and other
packages that depend on it) for any system.

Florian

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Owen Rexian <outrexian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> for people who all ready have the SDL dependencies, I'm guessing.
>

> On 21 October 2012 17:32, Ryan Hope <rmh3093@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Then why is it in PyPi at all?
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Owen Rexian <outrexian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > I think it's because pygame requires a bunch of SDL stuff, so it's
>> > better to
>> > apt-get python-pygame.

>> --
>> Ryan Hope, M.S.
>> CogWorks Lab
>> Cognitive Science Department
>> Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

--
www.fladd.de - fladd.de: Homepage of Florian Krause
blog.fladd.de - fladd's Blog: Blog of Florian Krause