Re: [pygame] freetype + unusual font format: What am I doing wrong?

I looked at the BDF code in freetype2, and then ran a debugger on pygame.freetype to confirm. In freetype2, when only a "SIZE" record in a BDF file, the width, in pixels-per-em, is calculated as (height * 2 / 3) [1], which may not be the point size given in the "SIZE" record. For c64.dbf this is (8 * 2 / 3) = 5. The width is used as the font size. This is a quirk of the freetype library. I see no easy work-around.

Lenard Lindstrom

[1] bdfdrivr.c:438, see http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/freetype/freetype2.git/tree/src/bdf/bdfdrivr.c?id=VER-2-5-0-1#n438