Re: [pygame] TMX support in pygame

On ven, 2014-10-03 at 12:24 +0530, diliup gabadamudalige wrote:
> Why can't all these add on's be separate modules or packages and leave
> Pygame to run it's own natural course as it has done in the past? Why
> this rush to include these libraries INTO Pygame?

Read the proposal you just replied to. It suggested putting these addons
in a pygame-extras package, so they are somewhat official but still
separate from actual Pygame. This seems acceptable to me, though it may
be better to be able to download each module/library individually as
it's likely only a couple of libraries are useful for any one project.

I think adding a 'Pygame tools & libraries' or similar subheading to the
download page that can then have a semi-official list of
libraries/modules to be used with Pygame would be the best idea.

I think the main issue is for a new user of Pygame to discover these
other tools and libraries, so they don't need to reinvent everything
when there are already better implemented and tested libraries
available.