Re: [pygame] Distributing games for Windows - Pynsist

On 24 October 2016 at 22:33, Yann Thorimbert <Yann.Thorimbert@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
This sounds nice, I will try soon. Until now, I've always used py2exe in order to provide "standalone" windows version of my python-pygame scripts. What are the pros and cons, in your opinion, to use py2exe or a method like pynsist ?

The main pros & cons for Pynsist are:

Pros: Code that works in development is more likely to work for users - it runs more 'normally' than a frozen exe. Plus building installers from Linux is nice if, like me, you don't use Windows much.
Cons: You get an installer, not just an exe to launch. (Not a con under all circumstances, but it is less flexible)

There's a bit more comparison in the FAQs:
http://pynsist.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html#alternatives

Thomas