Re: [pygame] Re: Starting the pygame 2 series

Wow, amazing work, all around! O_O

On Monday, October 7, 2019 2:28:07 AM PDT you wrote:

I'm tired. Been spending some months on pygame stuff.

That article(novella) I promised several months ago about

contemporary C tools is still unfinished(but probably useful).

http://renesd.blogspot.com/2019/09/post-modern-c-tooling.html

Learnt lots from writing it. Especially researching how other projects do things.

I tried to include instructions on how to use tools, and further links to videos and articles.

Here's some issues of those tools applied to pygame:

    https://github.com/pygame/pygame/labels/tooling

A few people have been helping with these issues,

but @charlesej in particular has been amazing in going through mountains of issues uncovered.

The pygame code base is significantly cleaner, more portable, and less buggy because of it.

Speaking of bugs, as people have been using the 2.0.0.dev3 release, they've been finding various bugs.

I've labeled all SDL2/pygame 2 related compatibility issues reported by people as `critical`.

    https://github.com/pygame/pygame/labels/critical

These `critical` issues will be my focus as we move forward to shipping pygame 2.0.0.

If you feel like helping out with any of these critical issues, that would be highly appreciated.

- confirm the bug (on your platform).

- cheer people on in the issues

- write a minimal working example script so people can reproduce the issue.

- write a test case, or try and clarify the issue

    https://github.com/pygame/pygame/labels/critical

Lots more has been going on,

which I'll expand on in the release notes for the upcoming 2.0.0.dev4 release.

(We're 684 commits since the last stable release).

ps. DaFluffyPotato released a new commercial game using the pygame 2.0.0.dev3 release.

"Drawn Down Abyss" is getting good reviews... check it out:

    https://www.pygame.org/project/4294

pps. Feels like progress?