[pygame] new alpha of pyplace... Numeric

Ok... this is about my 4th rewrite of the iso tiling... see the whole
horrendous learning experience shebang in CVS on
http://pyplace.sourceforge.net/

The alg. is at least right now, the alpha4 release has a debug mode
switched on which blits

>> Of interest / Numeric <<
The algorithm I'm using to propogate changes, depending on tile heights,
is based on shifting bitmaps about and
so on with Numeric arrays, which are kind of fun.  Check out render.py
from the release [ TRY3, lines 156..192] is the fun stuff.
There's no optimisations in there... anyone contributing any ideas,
especially algorithm improvements or improving my badly written Python
would be welcomed!  There are probably ways to do things quicker which
haven't occurred to me...

There will be some new screenshots on http://www.mrexcessive.net/pyplace
shortly.  Attached is a really, really small one...

I realise framerate needs great improvements, but just getting the iso
alg. propogation to work has been fun.

Comments & f/b welcome.

peter

JPEG image