From: owner-pygame-users@seul.org [mailto:owner-pygame-users@seul.org]On
Behalf Of Sean R. Lynch
Sent: September 5, 2001 19:57
To: pygame-users@seul.org
Subject: Re: [pygame] 3D engine ?

I am working on a 3D maze with OpenGL and pygame. If someone else doesn't
produce a 3D engine for pyopengl, I probably will out of the stuff I need
to write for the maze and future games. I'm running into an interesting
issue right now: glut provides a method by which to request a display with
a stencil buffer, but pygame doesn't seem to. Is this planned for the
future, or does someone know another way I can request a stencil buffer
(other than switching to glut for windowing routines)?

Also, people were asking about a scene graph and various other utility
routines a while back. PyOpenGL 2.0 provides OpenGLContext, which provides
a scene graph. Unfortunately, version 2 is not yet packaged for Debian.

--
Sean R. Lynch KG6CVV <seanl@chaosring.org>  http://www.chaosring.org/~seanl/
Jabber (www.jabber.org): kg6cvv@jabber.org  Yahoo: kg6cvv