Re: [pygame] 3D engine ?

On Sat, 8 Sep 2001, Jiba wrote:

>Sean R. Lynch :
>> Why waste the effort on an API that's only supported on one platform, and
>> is vastly inferior to OpenGL? OpenGL works on Windows. Forget Direct3D.
>> It's crap.
>
>Yes, i agree with you -- i have used directx in the past, and i didn't find
>anything good in it. I won't use it again.

I'm a hard OpenGL fan, but you can't compare the new versions of DX to the
old ones. Especially Direct3D was really hard to use when it first came
out, but things have radically changed over the years (to better, for
once). So SDL/Pygame should use what is *best* on Windows in order to gain
max speed and best hardware support.

Not that I'd mind that much if DirectX would fall over and die...