Re: [pygame] Question: 'Skins' support

In article <3B9BC7BC.998585BF@uos.de> you wrote:
> 2. Use of some sort of 'bundle-file'. The current program is implemented
> in C++/Allegro and the Allegro-library
> (http://talula.demon.co.uk/allegro) supports so called "datafiles" in
> which you can stuff all the objects you need (gfx, sound, text, ...) and
> easily retrieve them from an open DATAFILE-object in your code. Would
> such a thing be a good addition to pygame? A major pro is that you can
> use different implementations of datafile-classes without changing your
> code: access from filesystem, from packed files, from a database, via
> internet ...

Off the top of my head, a reasonable way to implement this might be a
compressed pickled dictionary; that way you can, say, just ungzip the
dictionary and then unpickle it into a Python dictionary object (hash
table if you're not familiar with Python dicts). I'm not sure what
effect this would have on memory, mind :)

Aq.

--
"I'm a pepper drink,
 I'm a vodka drink