Re: [pygame] pygame & XFree4 DGA

> I am now using Python 1.2.1
> I have trying to get pygame to work with XFree4.1.0 and
> its DGA extension. I have tried both pygame 1.1 and 1.2 but
> have failed.
>
> Have anyone tried pygame with XFree4 DGA and can offer some
> advice on how to get this combo working ?

there hasn't been a wide range of testing, but i do know
that people have been able to run things with pygame and
dga.

i believe the usual way it works is to set the environment
variable "SDL_VIDEODRIVER=dga", then run the game as root.

you may also need to pass the FULLSCREEN flag when setting
the display mode, but i am guessing with DGA you always get
fullscreen?

also, which videocard/drivers do you have? i know i've heard
from some nvidia users that it can work.

also, can you determine what sort of code is causing the
crash? is it setting the display mode? some blitting or
filling? input events? unfortunately, the pygame parachute
can't give a stack trace, but maybe you can narrow down
where things bomb out with the debuggers friend: "print"?

this gets the "it should work" vote. especially if other
straight SDL programs are working with DGA. if you post
a minimal example in pygame, i can pretty quickly translate
that into C code, and then we can try them back to back.