Re: [pygame] pygame & XFree4 DGA

 > there hasn't been a wide range of testing, but i do know
 > that people have been able to run things with pygame and
 > dga.
 >
 > i believe the usual way it works is to set the environment
 > variable "SDL_VIDEODRIVER=dga", then run the game as root.

I can confirm that dga works, at least with my setup - I've been
running with dga graphics for several months now without any problems.

I'll echo what Pete said - 'export SDL_VIDEODRIVER="dga"' is what you
want to do, and you want to run as root. Make sure that the extmod
extension is loading itself into X properly - check your X log for any
warnings or error messages.  Make sure you're using the latest
versions of any appropriate software.

My setup:

XFree 4.1.0
SDL 1.2
Voodoo 3

--
My high school guidance councellor once told me that I have a very short
attention span. The following day we were given the results of our career