Re: [pygame] Ann: SDL Game Contest

ok, i just got some feedback from No Starch Press about
the SDL game contest. here's the good news...

pygame and python will _not_ count against the 1MB game
size limit. this is was the one thing that most people
were wondering about. although they mention that any other
"nonstandard" python libraries _will_ count against the
size limit. that is pretty much expected, and shouldn't be
a problem for anyone?

they mention they'll be glad to see some non C/C++ entries,
and they'll certainly try to accomodate reasonable requests.

they also mentioned they'll make sure the judging machines
have the 'current' version of python installed. which will
still be python 2.1 at the time the contest ends.

other than that, if you're thinking of entering, you really
need to look over the contest website,
http://www.nostarch.com/?games

all sorts of info is there, including information about the
judges, judging machines, and how the games will be judged :]

also, a little back-alley information here. by the time the
contest is released, there's plenty of time for a new version
of pygame to be released. if someone really really needs some
thing in the pygame library, perhaps we could work something
in that could help your entry?  of course, this doesn't mean
we'll be getting insane. keep it reasonable, and we may be
able to help out on the pygame end, muhahaha.