Re: [pygame] Pythonpoint/presto - still thinking

--- Pete Shinners <pete@visionart.com> wrote:
 easy solution for you might be to just do all the
> layout info and sizing at 640x480.
> then when playing back at different resolutions

This works ok for 800x600,1024x768,1280x1024,1600x1200
as they're all the same aspect ratio.  640x480 is
different as are the various other odd screen
resolutions out there.

> if course, this really is no different than just
> using a 0.0-1.0 coordinate system.

The problem is that I want to be able to specify
layout in a generic way and then "fill in the blanks"
with a simple file of content so I can whip up
presentations really quickly.

The key thing is that I want to do things like making
the title text on all pages of the presentation a
consistent size and as large as possible, so I really
need to perform a pre-layout sizing step which
calculates that size across all title text before
laying anything out.  Calculation ordering becomes a
little challenging and I'm not sure that I've
accounted for enough different animation
possibilities.

I'm also considering the question of how to create an
easy to use layout editor involving dragging
guidelines around and selecting sets of guidelines as
content areas.