Re: [pygame] side scroller

> Huh! I'd figured that one big image would be quicker
> than a bunch of smaller images, but I never tested it out.
> I'll have to try tiling in the next version. Thanks!

A bunch of smaller images will indeed be slower than one big one, but will take less memory. It's the old speed vs. size tradeoff. That said, 'one huge image' may be slower in one instance - if the image is so big that it won't fit in memory, it may be paged to disk. If this happens, the speed will plummet.

David Clark