Re: [pygame] movie flip/update

mike@zcentric.com wrote:
I looked around and just wondering if this is at all possible. When I play
a movie and also call and pygame.display.flip() or move the window the
video goes away. Is this a problem with my code or just one of the things
I'd have to deal with?
that doesn't sound exactly normal, but not at all unexpected i suppose.

unless you specify a render target, SDL and SMPEG attempt to access the video hardware overlays for mpeg playback. this is faster for playback, but can be awkward on some graphics cards.

if there are no video overlays, it draws directly onto the display surface. pretty much just blitting the frames into memory as they are ready.

the common workaround to any video wierdness is to create an offscreen Surface as the video render target. then once per frame blit that onto the main display. this will get rid of any problems but also slow the video down slightly.