Re: [pygame] movie flip/update

mike@zcentric.com wrote:
I'm not so sure what you mean by creating an offscreen surface, but I
don't think I can do what I wanted. I wanted to run mplayer in my pygame
window as a window in the main window. Kind of like a video preview, then
you click on the video and it'll go full screen. There isn't much info on
the list for movies let alone mplayer.
you can have mplayer run in an embedded window. this would make fill the entire pygame window. the tricky part atm will be getting the window id to use.

sdl has no direct way of getting the window id. there is a workaround of a platform specific event message, but i haven't really looked at it, and pygame doesn't do anything with it yet. perhaps it warrants a second look.