Re: [pygame] really need help making a transparent pygame window

dave giffin wrote:
How do I make a transparent pygame window?
If it helps, I'm developing this for XFree86-4.3 on
x86-linux-2.4. I've tried using the same code that
would make a surface transparent, on the pygame
window, but that doesn't seem to work. Is it supposed
to?
there is no way to do this with Pygame or SDL. you can create a window without the window manager decorations (move/resize/maximize) by passing the NOFRAME flag to pygame.display.set_mode()

the only way you could get this done is with the xlib for python library. i believe it has support for the SHAPE extension which lets you create nonrectangular windows. http://python-xlib.sourceforge.net/