Re: [pygame] Pygame Parachute

Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 08:02:17AM -0700 in <3F730379.7070507@shinners.org>,
Pete Shinners <pete@shinners.org> spake:
>Mark 'Kamikaze' Hughes wrote:
>>   I'm getting a sudden segfault:
>> Pygame Parachute Traceback:
>>   File "d:\python\Umbra\Level.py", line 274, in getTerrainChar
>> Fatal Python error: (pygame parachute) Segmentation Fault
>python 2.3.1 came out today, and they mentioned several
>bugfixes, memory leak fixes, and reference count fixes. i'm
>curious if your problem was really a python problem (first
>time i've seen that ever).
>mark, is there any way you can grab the new python and test?
>pygame built for python2.3 will work fine with python2.3.1

  Sure.  What's frustrating/suspicious is that I'm not getting the crash
right now.  I tracked down the code section it was in (though it never
crashed on the same lines twice, AFAICT), and I was just doing a lot of
ellipse, arc, and line drawing to an offscreen Surface.  When I switched
to drawing directly on the screen with a clipping are, the bug went
away.  But I can re-enable the bug in a test version.