[pygame] Getting 1.6 Ready

I'm getting pygame 1.6 ready for release next week (if all goes well). Originally 1.5.6 was going to be a quick release, but a few things took cuts in line (namely two SolarWolf releases).

The good news is 1.6 has a lot of bug fixes since 1.5.6. Not much in the feature department, so this is really just a stabilizing release for what should be the next solid 1.6 release for awhile.

After 1.6 we will be changing the release policy a bit. we will be sticking to major 'tenths' release numbers, which will be considered the "stable" releases ready for end users. Alongside that i'll be keeping dated snapshots. I figure anyone on this mailing list will be following those releases. I'll be creating windows binaries and perhaps even get our own DEB packages back online for these "developer" packages.

Here is a changelog summary since 1.5.6 release, way back in mid-June.

* Big fixes to system font finding on Win and Unix
* Filled circle drawing cleanup
* Surface.set_at() obeys the clip area
* Fix colors when saving OpenGL screenshots
* Add new GL_STEREO and GL_MULTISAMPLEx flags from SDL
* Enabled JOYHAT_RIGHT events
and finally, today
* Fix reading from file objects

oh, and my new Pygame Introduction for Python programmers has been added to the documentation,
http://www.pygame.org/docs/tut/intro/intro.html

unfortunately the one thing that never materialized was system font finding code for mac osx. as the new solarwolf makes extensive use of SysFont, i was able to actually test it all out. Unix and Windows are now well supported for finding ttf fonts on the system. The calls for osx are still allowed, you just get the "default" pygame font returned for any arguments. i'd still love for this code to appear :]

also note that pygame-1.6 will be the last pygame release to maintain "pre-2.0" python support. i wanted to get one more big 'stable' package out to support the older system. soon after release you will start seeing 'developer' packages that have the internal cruft removed from pygame.
(we may likely drop "pre-2.2" support actually)

anyways, you've got a few more days to remind me of other things i forgot we wanted in pygame-1.6