Re: [pygame] Getting 1.6 Ready

On Monday, Sep 29, 2003, at 11:16 America/New_York, Sami Hangaslammi wrote:

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Bob Ippolito wrote:
By the way, what the heck is up with pixels2d being [column][row] and
not [row][column]?
Probably because indexing it as [x,y] is analogous to screen/surface
coordinates in general.
But it's not contiguous relative to the actual backing store.. it's pretty inconvenient and unintuitive for the experienced user, I don't think that I've ever encountered a pixel buffer stored as [x][y] in my ~10 year acquaintance with graphics programming. The documentation should be revised to make this clear.

-bob