Re: [pygame] Python 1.5 Compatability

On Saturday, Sep 6, 2003, at 22:15 America/New_York, Pete Shinners wrote:

With every pygame release it is becoming more work to maintain compatability with the oldish python 1.5. At some point it is probably going to be easier to drop it, and clean all the current workarounds.

At this point people are starting to find things that run slower, only because they are using 'outdated' python techniques.

My current plan is to either drop the 1.5 support now, or make the next pygame release the last with the old compatability stuff. I'm mainly wondering if anyone has any interest in this anyways. Just looking for some feedback on this for now.
If you want to run software on a three year old platform, you can run three year old software. I don't see any good reason to maintain Python < 2.2 support. Python 2.2's type/class unification should make a huge difference for pygame for both consistency and simplicity.

-bob