Re: [pygame] new user

Ben Hitz wrote:
I seem to have pygame working fine, except that I have trouble quitting trivial Hello World apps from IDLE or pythonw (win). I am running python2.3.4 on Window XP.
Ben, I'm surprised you are getting problems under the new IDLE. You will never get Pythonwin to work, it unfortunately runs the programs in the same process as the editor, which means Pythonwin won't work with any GUI or windowing libraries. Use IDLE or grab some other windows editor, like Scintilla. http://gisdeveloper.tripod.com/scite.html

Some of your code examples had a 'break' inside a double nested loop. Be aware that break only drops out of the innermost loop. Your program was still stuck inside a 'while 1'.