[pygame] not really a pygame question

Hey all -
I have spent my last weeks programming type whipping my PC into shape to write some code. I decided to instally cygwin to get GCC/make etc, and have made some significant progress.

I am trying to compile aedGUI (SDL library), becauswe I want to add the widgets as python modules.

now I am stuck on some typical include dependency (freetype2, if you must know).

My question is lame, but I haven't really done any c programming since 1997 or so - how do you set/check the include path?

thx-

Ben