Re: [pygame] Big Tile Maps

Sw,

My pgu library does pretty good for overhead games.
There is no slowdown for very large maps.

http://www.imitationpickles.org/pgu/

At the very least, take a look at the code in
pgu/tilevid.py and see the update() and paint()
functions for how I do it.  I only draw on screen the
stuff that needs to be drawn.

Phil

http://mail.yahoo.com