Re: [pygame] pygext: Couldn't find matching GLX visual

Hello Chris,

On 9/18/05, Christopher Arndt <chris.arndt@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I wanted to try out the pygext library and the pylonoid game based on it, but I
> always get the following error when I try to run any pygext based programm, e.g:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "tutorial1.py", line 27, in ?
>     init((800,600))
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pygext/gl/base.py", line 28, in init
>     _init_display(resolution[0], resolution[1], fullscreen=fullscreen)
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pygext/gl/base.py", line 51, in
> _init_display
>     pygame.display.set_mode(resolution, flags, 32)
> pygame.error: Couldn't find matching GLX visual

Hmm, I'm not very familiar with X, but the problem might be that the
current version of pygext tries to always get a 32bit display surface
and that might not be possible on your system. You can try editing the
file pygext/gl/base.py line 51 and remove the parameter "32" from the
pygame.display.set_mode call.

--
Sami Hangaslammi