[pygame] pygext: Couldn't find matching GLX visual

Hi,

I wanted to try out the pygext library and the pylonoid game based on it, but I
always get the following error when I try to run any pygext based programm, e.g:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "tutorial1.py", line 27, in ?
    init((800,600))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pygext/gl/base.py", line 28, in init
    _init_display(resolution[0], resolution[1], fullscreen=fullscreen)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pygext/gl/base.py", line 51, in
_init_display
    pygame.display.set_mode(resolution, flags, 32)
pygame.error: Couldn't find matching GLX visual

I'm sure, I have all the dependencies listed on the webpage (Polygon, PyOpenGL,
Numeric) and I can import each of these with no errors.

Versions: Python 2.4, pygame 1.7.1, pygext 0.7.2 on Ubuntu Hoary, X.org with
"nvidia" driver 1.0.7174

Hardware: Athlon64, NVidia GeForce 6200 TC

Just as I write this, I found the follwing suspicious entry in
/var/log/Xorg.0.log:

Symbol __glXgetActiveScreen from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!
Symbol __glXgetActiveScreen from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!

I commented out the loading of the "dri" module from xorg.conf and restarted
the X server. The messages in Xorg.0.log were gone then, but the above pygame
error persisted.

I have no idea, how to amend this. Can anybody give me some pointers?

Thx, Chris