Re: [pygame] Screencasting with pygame?

Ethan Glasser-Camp wrote:
Hi,

I've been trying to record a short movie of my game in action, but
it's an action game where each frame is necessary. I played with
x11vnc and vncrec and got something that seems to show all the frames,
but the game runs much slower than it normally does. I was figuring I
could run some magic transcode command to speed it up.

I also tried running VLC and capturing from the screen:// protocol but
it brought my system to its knees. I also found a patch for an old
version of ffmpeg but I couldn't get it to apply easily so I gave up.

Has anyone else done this kind of thing before? What worked?
save all your blits to bmps and then compress them into a video file after :D
or PNGs...
I'd say put every surface in a temporary list (buffer) and save them every second or so.
I don't know if this is practical, but it seems like it would be pretty fast.
Sorry I don't have a better idea.
I'd say FRAPS it but it sounds like you're on unix.
-Luke

Ethan