Re: [pygame] What about python 3?

René Dudfield wrote:
It's a bit hard to write unit tests for games, and also lots of people
write games for fun, so avoid writing boring bits - like tests.

More specifically, it's tricky to write tests for GUIs and real time applications, or at least I don't know of any good python tools for doing so.

I've put some thought into a robust GUI testing framework, but how exactly to go about it isn't a simple matter. So far I've punted, and to my chagrin do all my GUI testing manually, despite covering my game and network logic. Real time testing seems like even more of a pain, though I don't need it so haven't thought about it much.

Anyway, I'm guessing I'm not the only one with such problems... Is there any interest on collaborating on such testing framework extensions, of the sort that'd be useful for games in general?

-Jasper