Re: [pygame] What about python 3?

Hi again,

the main problem with python 3 with regards to pygame is that most
games do not have tests written for them.  Having tests is required in
the python 3 transition plan.

It's a bit hard to write unit tests for games, and also lots of people
write games for fun, so avoid writing boring bits - like tests.

Hopefully the conversion tool (python2.6->python 3.0) works really
well - otherwise I think python 2.x is going to stay around for ages.
There's plenty of time for them to make it good before python 3 is
released though.

I don't think it'll be fun having two sets of documentation for 2.x
and 3.x pythons, and having two sets of everything else too.  It's
going to create a fair bit of confusion to start with.

It's kind of really annoying - but probably a good thing to try and
get all these incompatible changes done in one go.